Here’s a roundup of all the Easter Egg Hunts in our nearby cities:
- March 31st: The annual Easter Program for the City of Artesia will be held from 12-3pm at AJ Padelford Park, 11870 169th Street. Activities include arts & crafts, games, photo-ops with the Easter Bunny, entertainment, delicious food, and an Easter Egg Hunt.
- April 7th: Easter Egg Hunts at Cerritos Regional Park, 19700 Bloomfield Avenue. Be sure to bring a holiday basket to carry goodies. The hunts are open to children 18 months to 10 years and kids will be divided by age group for the hunts by ages. Adult supervision is encouraged for children two yearsand under in the hunt areas during designated hunt times. The day will begin at 10 AM and will include jumpers, family games and a craft area. Based on my past experience, if you get there at 10:01, all the eggs will be gone so get there early!
- April 7th: The City of Cypress will be holding its annual Spring Egg Hunt at 10:30 a.m. at Oak Knoll Park, 5700 Orange Ave. There will be crafts, face painting & activities, visits with the Easter Bunny, and even free hot dogs & drinks!
- April 7th: The City of La Mirada’s annual Easter Egg Hunt will be held from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at La Mirada Regional Park. Bring your family and enjoy games, crafts, music, balloon artists, bounce houses, a petting zoo, and an Easter egg hunt. Special photos with the Easter Bunny will be available for a nominal fee, or capture the moment yourself by bringing your own camera.
- April 7th: An “Eggnormous”amount of oversized Easter eggs will be hidden throughout the City of Norwalk beginning April 2nd as part of its Egg-stra Eggnormous City-Wide Egg Hunt! Keep your eyes open for these eggs, and if found, bring the giant egg to the Information Booth at Norwalk’s Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 7, between 11:30 a.m. and 12:00 noon to redeem your prize. The event will be held on the Norwalk Civic Center Lawn, 12700 Norwalk Blvd. Only one egg may be redeemed per family. Eggs may only be redeemed for prizes during the time specified above. The actual egg hunts will begin at 12:30 depending on the age of your child. For more information please contact the Recreation and Park Services Department at 929-5702.
This weekend I had the opportunity to attend a Parent Leadership conference held by the ABC Unified School District. Although I felt horrible, it was really informative and I walked away with some interesting ideas. One of the seminars I attended was about Healthy Cooking Healthy Family. I only attended this one because the “Improving Attitudes Together” was completely full! That’s a surprise! I guess my kids and I will have to wait a year before either of our attitudes are going to improve but at least they’re going to get healthier meals. But I digress…the main reason for my post is that I wanted to share this “exercise” with all of you. The first seminar I went to was titled, “Growing your Child…Sowing the Seed”. We had to brainstorm character traits we wanted to see in our children as they grow. We were then asked to write down a Top 10 character traits “wishlist” and then rank that trait for our child. The speaker then discussed how our children learn more from what we do rather than what we say. Finally the most thought-provoking part….drum roll…now rank yourself against those traits on your wishlist. One of the traits I wished for Lucas was humorous and I realized through that exercise that since becoming a mom, I’ve lost some of my sense of humor. It’s hard to remember sometimes when you’re a parent but now I’m aware of it and I’ll strive to laugh more! And who doesn’t enjoy laughing more?
Last weekend I got wiped out by a cold. I wanted to write a post but I couldn’t muster up enough energy to even get out of bed. Something so useful surely could not wait, but alas, my head was spinning and …I had to finish the Hunger Games. Here is the life altering information that I wanted to share with you: Did you know that there are little tabs on the box of every roll of foil that you can push in to lock the roll in place? When I first found out through this other nifty blog, I checked and sure enough, there are! They are also on every plastic wrap box too, except for the king size Costco ones. Now your rolls of foil and plastic wrap will not come flying out as you pull it. Yay!!
Happy Saturday! The library in the City of Artesia is hosting a puppet show at 2:00 p.m. today. The Wrong Way Home puppet show is about Tiny the Elephant who has taken the wrong way home and he needs his friends help to get home safely.
18722 S. Clarkdale Ave.
Artesia, CA 90701
Hi Everyone! If you’re in the Cerritos area, please stop by at McDonald’s (Carmenita & South St.) between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. to support Leal Elementary. It’s McTeacher’s night!
If you don’t want to go to McDonald’s for a healthy meal, here a SUPER easy recipe I want to share with you. My kids just love it! The ingredients are one of these and a bag of this
Dice up the sausage and throw into a skillet. Stir fry until the sausage is slightly browned. Then toss in 1/2 a bag of the corn or all of it depending on your preference. When corn is heated through, serve it over some white rice and voila! Dinner is served. Enjoy!
Hi Everyone! Here’s a great deal that I always jump on whenever they offer it. Amazon local is offering $10 Amazon.com gift cards for $5. There is no expiration date.
Hi Everyone! Hope you were able to stay dry yesterday! The sun is out right now and if it stays dry, Goat Hill Junction will be open for FREE train rides today. They are located in Costa Mesa and offer kids of all ages train rides around a scenic park. The kids always have a blast. If you really enjoy it, you can even host a birthday party there!
Orange County Model Engineers
2500 Placentia Ave.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
If you live closer to L.A., there’s also L.A. Live Steamers Railroad. They are located near Griffith park and also offer free train rides between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Sunday. Do not confuse this with the Travel Town railroad in Griffith Park. These trains are much nicer and run a longer course. Be prepared to ride it at least three times if you have a little train enthusiast!
Los Angeles Live Steamers
5202 Zoo Drive
Los Angeles, California 90027
L.A. Live Steamers
L.A. Live Steamers
Goat Hill Junction
Goat Hill Junction