Here’s a follow-up post I wrote about preschools in general:
Wow! Can you believe it’s already the middle of February? How time flies, especially when you have little ones in tow. With my first child, I remember people telling me to start applying to preschools as soon as he turned 1. Really?!! I didn’t even know where to start. What schools were even around me? My friend tells me, “Ask other moms”, but since I was working, I really didn’t know any other moms. This is why I started this blog. Hopefully, this information will help even one mom out there. Here are some of the reputable organizations I am aware of in and around Cerritos:
- ABC Adult School: Parent Education: I’ve mentioned this school in one of my first posts. I LOVE this school. It is full parent/caregiver participation but don’t let the name fool you, this is Mommy-n-Me preschool.
- Carver Academy: One of the few preschools (if not the only one) offered through ABC unified school district. Contact the Director, Maria Lizardo-Gomez at (562) 865-1257 for additional information. (Thanks, Liza!)
- Cerritos College Child Development Center: Nationally accredited preschool.
- Cerritos Presbyterian Church (CPC) Preschool: Private religious preschool. CPC holds a special place in my heart because this is where my son went. I just love this preschool! The staff is so warm and the facilities are clean. They will also provide lunch even if you’re only part time. The teachers even prepare a scrapbook for your child at the end of the school year!
- Concordia Lutheran Preschool: Private religious preschool
- Kindercare: Preschool and daycare.
- New Life Preschool: Private religious preschool. Registration is usually the first week of March.
- Cerritos Tot Lots: Cerritos Park East, Heritage Park, and Liberty Park. These are cooperative preschool programs which means that a parent/caregiver needs to work at the school once a week. Each school operates under their own bylaws. These are wonderful programs and are a fraction of the cost of a private preschool–approximately $600 for the entire year! There are wait lists for each of these schools so if this is an option for you, be sure to put your child’s name on as soon as possible. The contact person for the 2013 school year is as follows:
- Cerritos Park East: Jenny Chan (714) 878-9145; email@example.com
- Heritage Park: Alice Kim (562) 457-0883
- Liberty Park: Lauren Vega (562) 265-8805
Good luck! And if you can’t decide which preschool is right for your child, follow your instincts. You’ll just know when you find it! That’s the best advice I received when trying to figure out which school to send my son to.
Here are some general links