Wow! I can’t believe it’s already the first weekend of June! Here are some fun free activities happening around our lovely city this weekend:
- Cerritos Kids Fishing Derby at Cerritos Regional Park (19800 Bloomfield Ave.) on Saturday, June 1. Event for children ages 5-15; starts with a pancake breakfast at 7:00 a.m. and derby starts at 8:00 a.m. Get there early because this is a very popular event!
- Free Saturday at La Habra Children’s museum all day.
- Home Depot Kids workshop from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- BofA Museums on Us weekend:
- Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana (Sunday ONLY)
- Hammer Museum
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Skirball Cultural Center
- Free Sunday at Bowers museum & Kidseum: These are actually two separate museums at different locations. The Kidseum is quite small so you could easily visit both venues on the same trip.
Today is Museums of the Arroyo Day and it only happens once a year. What does that mean? It means that today only five museums located in Los Angeles and Pasadena open their doors — free of charge — from noon to 5. The 5 museums are The Gamble House, Heritage Square Museum, the Los Angeles Police Museum, the Lummis Home and Garden and the Pasadena Museum of History. For more information, click here.
Sorry this is a little late but on Saturday, May 11, 2013** (today) from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM all Neighborhood Fire Stations in the City of Los Angeles will be expecting your visit. Get a personal tour of YOUR Neighborhood Fire Station by one of your neighborhood fireman. We just returned from the one in Cerritos on Pioneer and it was so fascinating and informative. Hope you get a chance to visit.
Splash! will be opening the Spray Pad and Recreational Pool from 1-4 p.m. today and tomorrow because of the heat wave. Spray Pad is for children ages 8 and under with their parents and the Recreational Pool is open to all ages. Entrance fee is $2 for children and $3 for adults 18 and over. Admission is required for everyone entering the Spray Pad area.
On Saturday, May 4 Splash! La Mirada Aquatic Center will be open from 4-6 pm for a sneak preview. Admission is only $5 and free for Season Pass Holders. Splash is also offering a special on season passes for $54 thru May 31. If you don’t have a pool and you’ll be with your kids all summer this might be a worthwhile investment. Admission is regularly $18.95 for adults, and $13.95 for kids so you just have to go 3 or 4 times to break even on this little venture. My friends have told me that this place is great and not so big where you will lose your kids. They be will open May 25 through September 29.
It’s Railroad Days at the Fullerton Train Station this weekend! I am so excited about this event because we had so much fun last year. My son kept thanking me for taking him because he had such a great time. There are large gazebos filled with model railroad displays as well as tours of actual locomotives. There will also be food booths, and even trackless train rides for the kids. Best of all this event is FREE! Please don’t miss it!
Fullerton Train Station
120 East Santa Fe Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92832
And if you’re hungry afterwards, there’s a fun-ky restaurant down the street called Angelo’s and Vinci’s that’s very family friendly.